Graffiti in u'r Body

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Brantford Rail yard May 2010

I was in Brantford, Ont. for a conference the weekend of May 15th and decided to walk in and around the rail yard at Brantford train station on my way out. I know that freight is a big end of graffiti across Canada and the States but I haven't had the chance to get into it as heavily as I have everything else so this was an interesting flic mission. There were a bunch of names I've never heard of before, which was expected, and a couple of local names from Montreal too that weren't so expected. I benched some pretty cool stuff and I hope to get more from local yards here in Montreal or wherever me and my camera end up down the road.

And this was a real treat. When I got off the train coming into Brantford, this was one of the first things I saw in a Toronto Sun newspaper kiosk on the side of the station which instantly put a smile on my face. At the time the Habs were still making a push in the semi-finals in the series and we were all pretty hopeful. And that this was on the cover of the Toronto sun was just too good to let it go. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Graffiti in u'r Body